LCD TVs are in demand due to the quality of the transmitted image. However, such screens are whimsical to care for. They cannot be washed with plain water or wet wipes. For delicate care, it is necessary to use special soft cloths and cleaning sprays without alcohol, aggressive and abrasive particles. How to wash an LCD TV screen, we will analyze in more detail in the article.
How to clean an LCD TV Screen?
So How to Clean an LCD TV Screen? To properly clean your LCD TV screen you need to use a soft cloth that is dampened in a small amount of distilled water. Then wipe the screen gently with a soft cloth. If you come across stubborn stains, remove them with a cloth that is slightly moistened with a solution of mild soap and warm water.
Avoid flammable liquid (e.g. thinners) or a cleaning agent. Never use paper towels or any other wood-based paper, as they could leave fine scratches on your LCD screen. Therefore, use the following method to properly clean your LCD TV screen:
|Step-By-Step Method on how to Clean LCD TV Screen:|
|1. Turn off your LCD TV and unplug it.|
|2. Use a soft cloth that is dampened in a small amount of distilled water.|
|3. Gently wipe the screen with that soft cloth in a circular motion so you can clean off the dust.|
|4. For stubborn stains, use a combination of mild soap and warm water.|
|5. Turn the TV back ON.|
This cleaning method is also applicable to the following brands of LCD TVs:
To learn more things about how not to clean your LCD screen and how to take care of it, please continue to read this article.
Features of LCD Monitors
LCD or LED displays have panels and cells that contain special liquid substances with optical properties. Their molecules, under the influence of electromagnetic radiation, change orientation, which affects the polarization of the light beam.
Liquid seals are located between two glass panels. On the inside of the TV are lamps that emit light and color filters. When the device is turned on, the matrix receives a signal from the reader (decoder) and distributes the position of light, crystals, color filters. As a result, a person sees a clear picture with high brightness and contrast.
The main characteristics of the LCD screen include:
- Monitor format. The old aspect ratio is 4 to 3. The modern versions work in the HD 16: 9 standard.
- Resolution affecting the clarity and detail of the image. It is optimal to choose models with Full HD.
- Diagonal. The optimal figure is 20-22 inches.
- Contrast and brightness affect the final color rendering.
- Response time is the minimum amount of time required for a pixel to change brightness. In simple words, the speed of displaying a picture.
It is also necessary to take into account the type of matrix, the number, and types of connectors, the presence of additional functions.
All LCD TVs are very sensitive to moisture, dust, and temperature extremes. Therefore, care and maintenance require careful, careful handling of the display.
By taking care of your LCD TV, you will avoid damages, like Dark (Black) Spots on TV.
Screen Contamination Reasons
Home operating conditions for household appliances are far from ideal. Even the largest cleaners still have a small amount of dust in the air. When sweeping or vacuuming, micro-particles of dirt rise upward. And they settle on household appliances. This is the first reason for the appearance of dark spots on the LCD screen.
Other causes of dark spots or other contamination include:
- Fingerprints, palms from even minor touches. Most often in a house with children who find it difficult to explain that they should not play with digital technology.
- Splashes from trying to wipe the monitor with a heavily damp cloth or from accidentally spilling liquid onto the surface.
Even if no one touched the TV, and no liquid got on it, you should know how to clean the TV screen at home. With proper care, the service life of the equipment is significantly increased.
How Not to Clean Your TV
The handling of the LCD monitor does not depend on the make and year of the TV. Before analyzing what you can use to wipe the TV screen, remember what you can’t do.
- Do not carry out any manipulation with the included equipment. The LCD monitor matrix is very fragile, minor power surges will easily damage it.
- After cleaning the surface, do not turn on the TV immediately. It is necessary to wait until it is completely dry so as not to spoil the matrix.
- Alcohol-based products and cleaning products are prohibited. After using them, white streaks or spots will appear.
- Household wet wipes should not be used on monitors. They include components that harm liquid crystals.
- Automotive cosmetics are designed for cars. They are not used for delicate cleaning of the TV surface. Detergents and window cleaning options are also not suitable.
- The newspaper is the enemy of any modern TV. It not only does not cleanse from dirt, but also creates microcracks, which gradually destroy the integrity of the protective glass.
- Direct spraying of detergents onto the screen – streaking and staining. Spray fibers instantly penetrate into the structure and damage the matrix.
- Baking soda is good for removing grease from stove and utensils. But it is prohibited for such a delicate surface as plasma panels, LCD TV.
- Try to wipe off dirt with a knife or other sharp object. Of course, this is the fastest way to remove large areas of dirt. But it leads to mechanical damage to the protective layer.
Important! The appearance of streaks on the monitor is the result of using wet wipes. Such a defect not only spoils the perception and clarity of the picture, but is also very difficult to remove from the surface.
Want to extend the life of your digital home? Use approved methods for cleaning the LED screen.
How to Take Good Care of LCD TV Screen
You can clean your TV monitor:
- Vacuum cleaner at minimum power away from the screen. It is forbidden to approach the device very close.
- Suck up dust with a rubber bulb. Do not touch the monitor either.
- A special soft-bristled broom. They can be purchased at household chemicals or home improvement stores.
- Clean the surface with a lint-free cloth with minimal effort. That is, it is unacceptable to press hard on the cloth. Otherwise, due to mechanical damage, dark or white spots will appear when watching films.
The purpose of cleaning is to remove dust from the surface so that it does not accumulate and form blackheads. Under the influence of electromagnetic waves, dirt microparticles can “absorb” into the matrix and harm it. It is recommended to wipe the surface 2-3 times a week.
Choice of Fabric
The best material to clean your LCD TV screen is soft cotton cloth. They will easily remove dust and will not harm the device. It is also allowed to use microfiber, cotton material.
When choosing a cleaning method, it is important to remember that LED monitors are very sensitive to any aggressive environment. Therefore, the best cleaning materials are:
- Special wipes for cleaning LCD displays. They can be purchased at computer and home appliances stores.
- Antistatic kits, which include dry absorbent wipes and wet versions with a special alcohol-free composition.
- Soft, lint-free fabrics. These include cotton, fleece and flannel. It is easy to find them in any textile store. Moreover, you can immediately purchase a meter of material and cut it into the desired pieces. You will get the best way to take care of TV at the price.
- Microfiber and special napkins from it perfectly absorb moisture. Such material is worth having at home in case water unexpectedly gets on the screen.
- Kits for the care of LED displays. The set includes an aerosol without alcohol and aggressive components. As well as a microfiber cloth, an antistatic brush and additional attachments, accessories for cleaning hard-to-reach places and small cracks in equipment.
Important! Before wiping the LCD TV screen with a cloth moistened with a special agent, you must wait until the material has absorbed moisture. Only when the liquid is evenly distributed over the material can you start cleaning.
The Specifics of Using Special Napkins
Wondering how to remove streaks from your LCD TV? You can purchase special cleaning products that are sold at hardware stores or computer accessories stores. However, when choosing them, one must take into account their features and the specifics of surface treatment.
|Napkin Option||Features:||Application procedure:|
|Moisturized||Impregnated with a special formula without alcohol. Sold in computer stores. The composition contains no abrasive particles. Dust and dirt are removed instantly.||Open the pack of napkins. Take out one and wipe the surface. Wait 1-2 minutes. And wipe another one with a napkin. The electrical device must be turned off. You can turn on the technique 5-10 minutes after processing.|
|Lint-free||Handles dust, but not heavy dirt. They will not erase stains.||Open the package, take out a napkin. Wipe the display gently. Do not press on the surface. Try to move with minimal amplitude.|
|Microfiber||A universal option for household appliances. Helps remove smudges and fingerprints. You can slightly moisten with water, but wait until it is absorbed into the material.||Unpack the packaging. Wipe the display with a tissue. Do not press hard. Wait until it is completely dry and turn on the technique.|
Of all the options, microfiber copes with the toughest dirt. You can buy it at hardware stores. Lint-free material removes dust and is essential for daily maintenance.
TOP 7 Professional LCD TV Care Products
You can clean the LCD TV screen at home using professional tools. These are sprays without alcohol or abrasive microparticles. Manufacturers, when developing, took into account the peculiarities of LCD displays, so they are safe for TV, subject to the rules for spraying compounds.
Among the proven options are:
- Colorway 3333 is compressed air in cans. The jet comes out under pressure through a special tube. The tool can be used to blow out hard-to-reach places in the TV.
- Patron F3-029. Special foam, which is applied first to the napkin, then to the screen.
- Colorway 1032 anti-static monitor spray. The formula removes dirt from the surface and protects against dust adhesion.
- Data Flash 1620 spray liquid for delicate surfaces. Gently cares for liquid crystal technology.
- Patron F4-001 for heavily soiled monitors. These are napkins made of crepe paper, which is not saturated with alcohol but removes dirt from the surface efficiently.
- Colorway 1071 cleaning cloths for stubborn dirt.
- Colorway 6108 – silicone-based microfiber wipes. The technology is based on the fine weaving of fibers for the most delicate care.
The entire line of the listed tools is suitable not only for cleaning TVs, but also for processing smartphones, laptops, computer monitors.
General Rules For Cleaning LCD TVs
Regular dust removal is a guarantee of the long-term operation of the equipment. In this case, you need to clean the LED TV correctly. The sequence of work is as follows:
- Turn off the equipment through the button on the side, bottom panel or remote control.
- Pull the plug out of the socket to completely de-energize the TV.
- Apply alcohol-free product to a napkin. Wait until the liquid is absorbed into the material.
- Wipe the screen in small circular motions without pressing.
- Reusable cloths should be checked for foreign abrasive particles prior to use. For example, if sand or other dirt has adhered to the surface, you cannot use a napkin.
- For daily dust removal, a soft bristled broom is sufficient.
- Professional products should be used no more than 1 time per week.
Important. For high-priced TVs, don’t experiment with homemade cleaning recipes. Any damage to the matrix will lead to its failure and repair or purchase of a new TV.
Periodic Maintenance of Different LCD Surfaces
Wipe LCD, plasma, LCD TVs, and other digital equipment according to the instructions. It is also important to consider the subtype of the screen from which dust or other dirt is removed:
- A special set of microfiber and spray is suitable for LED panels. After such cleaning, an invisible dust-repellent layer will appear on the surface.
- When processing LCD TVs, it is necessary to apply impregnation to the fabric before processing the TV. It is recommended to repeat deep cleaning with special products every 21-28 days.
- Plasma panels can be wiped clean with soapy water applied to a cloth or microfiber cloth. Fingerprints can be washed with eyeglass cloth.
- LED TVs are devices with a very thin screen that can only be wiped with dry, lint-free material.
Important! It is important to remove all rings and bracelets from your hands before working with the technique. One careless movement will result in cracks and scratches. And they will require expensive repairs or the purchase of a new panel.
The more often you wipe the liquid crystal display from dust, the less visible dirt accumulates on it, requiring special means. It is enough to pass the surface with a soft brush 2 times a week to extend the life of household appliances.
LCD TVs require special treatment, therefore care must be taken during cleaning. A proper cleaning agent is necessary. Keep in mind that you need to clean your TV at least once a month, which will extend its lifespan. Your TV has a lot of electronics inside that are sensitive to dust and do not tolerate it well, so make sure you perform this task. I hope you enjoyed reading this article and that I helped you.